Denisovan Ancestry in East Eurasian and Native American Populations

15 August 2012

Bill Waters identifies animal and people rock figures in mid-Missouri archaeologist's burden stones

"The horse head," flint work identified as an intended horse head figure by Bill Waters of Keithville, LA

Bill Waters find, mid-Missouri. This is a scraper tool, interpreted as also portraying a human head and face in right profile view. 

Bill Waters find, Missouri, interpreted as face in left profile

Bill Waters illustration of his interpretation of this face on a flint flake

Bill Water's "Five faces," artifacts with 'nose-like' protrusions

Could these be forms of lateral rostrocarinates also incorporating anthropomorphic imagery?.
Bill Waters writes "I live in Keithville, Louisiana, and these stones come from mid-Missouri and are found near a creek.  Some tools like this scraper are found also, but the cool thing about this scraper is the art work on it too, some stones are clearly not tools and have art and some stones have art and have a deep cup on them so I figure they could also be used as a cup.

I have an elderly Friend who was an Archaeologist. I work chores for him and I accept Artifacts as payment, I barter, Well He gave me many boxes of these small stones which he believed to be removals, I noticed the removals had extra work done on them and I soon discovered the excellent miniatures, because I was looking for miniatures as my discovery of how to read the ancient markers and grips. I believe the miniatures are overlooked because they were not looking for miniature art, it is easy to overlook the small art works. In the boxes he gave me are maybe a thousand of these and I will send you more picts as I have the time to work on them.

The fellow I buy these from collects them because of the strange circular marks which 3 different geologists confirm as human modification and that is the reason I started buying them because I quickly realized the marks were man made. I always wanted to know why they put the marks on the stones and I discovered the marks are markers and when the markers are in the correct position the art is seen. I use this method to locate the art. I see the markers first, there are also grips which are hard to show but are perfect in my hand and this one of the most compelling features. This discovery excites me and I have found over 40 works of art. I hope someday for my discovery to be known.

Thank You, Bill Waters"

Geologists identified human manufactured cups on stones collected by Bill Waters. These types of cups in stones (not to be confused with fire starters, nutting stones, cupstones, cupules, etc.) may have been used as communication devices by early Americans as will be demonstrated in a future posting on this blog.

Another animal head figure (horse?) in right profile, identified by Bill Waters

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ken,
    All these from Missouri are pretty much similar to what I have found. This is amazing. I am so grateful that you continue posting pictures and information of these different finds. Miniature art, maybe that's a good word for it. I am curious about Bill Waters' markers. I pick up many rocks and yes, when it fits in the hand, it is obvious-to me- that it is a tool, or if one side of it has been thinned or rounded. Sometimes I pick up a rock and I just know there is something different about it, some rounded part, some angle that does not look natural. Then I see a face or a head of an animal right away or not. Sometimes it takes several days and different kinds of light shining on it- natural or not. Still despite all that looking, observing, pondering,I often have the feeling that I have not seen it all.
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete